China is Australia's largest two way trading partner
Chinese tourism to Australia is under 1.2 million per annual. China is also Australia's largest source of international students, a major source of foreign investment and is also Australia's most valuable tourism market.
Weibo incorporates elements from a variety of prominent social media platforms including Facebook and YouTube. Weibo has over 558 million users world-wide, and approximately 313 million of those are active monthly users.
WeChat is an IM (instant messaging) service, comparable to WhatsApp. It boasts 1.1 billion users, and 846 million of these accounts are active monthly.
key opinion leaders (kols)
KOLs can be bloggers, celebrities "influencers" of social media platforms. They usually have official, verified accounts.
Weibo KOLs help to build brand image and foster trust among consumers. They also encourage followers to repost and comment on content, helping to convert them into customers.
KOL sponsored content on WeChat is usually written in long from format, with interviews and short biographies being popular means of conveying the desired message.
chinese Social Media
- 1.2 million+ Australia registered Chinese social media users
- 2.1 million+ Weibo posts are published in Australia monthly
- 46 minutes minimal time usage spent on Chinese social media daily
- Average 8 business accounts users follow on Chinese social media
- 43% of users favorite products shared by friends on social media
- 60% Chinese consumers identify WeChat and Weibo as their online source for information on Luxury goods
- 64.4% of users have interacted with an advertisement on Weibo.
- 340M MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS ON WEIBO Q1,2017
- 1.2M CHINESE SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS IN AUSTRALIA
- 68M IMPRESSIONS GENERATED FOR OUR CLIENTS